With spring and St Patrick’s Day right around the corner, get out and down to Lowertown, St Paul on March 7th for the monthly Lowertown First Fridays art event. “Fifty Shades of Green” will be the theme, and there will be no shortage of eye candy as you peruse over 60 local artists work across 6 different venues.
A long time Lowertown landmark, Golden’s Deli – part of the North Western building, will be joining the festivities with an opening reception for artist Todd Peterson. The work in this show, “Out of His Head”, has been described as having an “Edvard Munch like quality that offers a revelation of emotions”. Golden’s will also be offering live music by Timewalker and Friends. The restaurant area will feature artwork by Dan Pierce. This reception is open to the public and along with art and music there will be food and a cash bar from 6 P.M. to 9 P.M.
So start your evening here and then venture out to visit the other 5 venues. For more details on events and locations visit http://www.LowertownFirstFridays.org.
Make sure you check out the following buildings on your tour:
1) Golden’s Deli (North Western Building) – 275 E 4th Street
2) Northern Warehouse – 308 E.ast Prince Street
3) Tilsner Artist Co-op – 300 Broadway Street
4) Lowertown Lofts Artists Co-op (alley way) – 255 Kellogg Blvd. E.
5) 262 Studios – 262 East 4th Street
6) Three Sisters Eclectic Arts – 253 East 4th Street
The tour event is free and open to the public.
Check out the Lowertown First Fridays Facebook event page!