Since 1982, the Farmers’ Market has stood on this block in the middle of Lowertown. If it seems busy and a little cramped, it’s for good reason: the city’s market was previously located across four city blocks around 10th & Jackson. From 1902 to 1981, the market had up to 682 stalls, reaching its peak in the 1930s and 1940s, and was a regional center for the produce trade. So today’s market might actually be a little low-key, but it continues a great tradition. Made even better by a 2004 renovation, it remains one of Lowertown’s most visited attractions – though it looks like it might see some competition for that title in the coming years.