Volunteer in Lowertown
If you live in the Lowertown or simply would like to help out there are a multitude of ways to volunteer in the area. From adopting an area to plant flowers in Mears Park, organizing Meetups, or simply donating, we’ve got you covered.
Lowertown Landing Volunteer Opportunities
Lowertown Landing is working hard to help out the Lowertown community continue to grow and prosper. Want to join in?
- Write Grants: Do you have grant writing experience for non profits? If so we’re looking for a few grant writers to help us raise funds for a multitude of projects in the Lowertown area, including keeping this website running.
- Organize Meetups Events: Join our lowertown Meetup group then help with running Meetup events. They are a lot of fun and a great way to build community by meeting neighbors, local workers, and people interested in going out in Lowertown.
- Engage our Social Media: Are you a social media guru? We could always use help managing our multiple platforms.
Donate to Lowertown Landing: Please consider donating to Lowertown Landing in your charitable giving this year. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, all donations are tax deductible - and all contributions go directly into our work.
St Paul Art Crawl
If you value the role of the arts in our community, please consider volunteering. There are a variety of opportunities, big and small. Complete the volunteer interest form HERE.
Union Depot Building Organizer: The Saint Paul Art Crawl is looking for a committed and organized individual to be the Building Organizer for the Union Depot for the Fall, 2016 Art Crawl scheduled for October 14th, 15th, and 16th. This opportunity is great for anyone who is already or wants to be involved with the artist community in Lowertown. It only requires your attendance at a monthly meeting and a a few hours each week to connect with and assist the guest artists showing in the Union Depot during the Art Crawl. The Art Crawl will provide all of the training as well as any assistance you may require to carry out these duties.
If interested, please contact Alex Richmond at email@example.com or by phone at 763-528-3057.
Capitol River Council Volunteer Opportunities
Capitol River Council's success depends upon the participation of people like you. Help the downtown community thrive: take action and get involved! Here are six easy ways.
- Subscribe to E-Chatter: Capitol River Council's monthly e-newsletter includes invitations to upcoming events and meetings, gives updates on the issues facing your neighborhood, and includes links to useful community resources. If you don't receive E-Chatter already, sign up today!
- Donate to Capitol River Council: Please consider prioritizing Capitol River Council in your charitable giving this year. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, all donations are tax deductible - and all contributions go directly into the downtown community. Make a secure online donation today, or contact our office for more information.
- Join a Committee or Task Force: Capitol River Council has several committees and task forces that work on issues facing our community. Anyone who lives, works, or owns property downtown can join! Peruse the list of committees to find one that interests you and come to its next meeting!
- Become a Building Captain: Help spread the word about community events and meetings by posting flyers in your building or forwarding email invitations to everyone in your office or residential building! Captains also act as Capitol River Council's primary contact for downtown buildings, should we want to get input from you and your neighbors about an issue that will specifically affect you.
- Volunteer for Capitol River Council's Office: Volunteer opportunities arise throughout the year and include things like: assistance in the office, working at community events, and updating our database or other records. Join our team of volunteers to be informed of upcoming opportunities.
Friends of Mears Park
- Volunteer: During the summer months Friends of Mears Park needs gardeners, waterers, etc. Call (651) 662 - 6458 for more information.
Photo Above by Sharyn Morrow