(Previously known as: Griggs and Fosters F.O.K. Building - 300 Broadway St.)
This massive building features the repetitive window arches of Romanesque Revival design used in a commercial building. Built in 1894 by Edward P. Bassford, the building was financed by investors for use of warehouse space by Farwell, Ozmun, and Kirk who were hardware wholesalers in need of a large space. Although no longer in this space, the company is still around as the OK Hardware Stores.The warehouse is now known as the Tilsner Building after the Tilsner Carton Company, the buildings long-term tenant, moved to the space. Tilsner Carton was started in 1918 by Isadore Tilsner, who was collecting and reselling used or misprinted cardboard boxes due to the high demand at the time, expanded quickly and eventually moved into the building, and vacated to its current facility in 1986. After being largely unused for years, it was renovated by ArtSpace and is now artist lofts. At least one artist who lives in the building has artwork selling in the Minnesota Historical Museum.